2022 GENERAL ELECTION
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Your community needs you! By staffing a polling location, you will:
- Earn $21.43 per hour on in-person early voting days and $300 on Election Day.
- See our great democracy in action, firsthand, and enjoy the feeling that comes with contributing to your local community, your state and your country.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You can apply to serve as a poll worker in New Jersey if you:
- Are a United States citizen and a resident of New Jersey.
- Are at least 16 years of age. College and high school students are encouraged to apply.
Note: Those under 18 years of age will work limited hours per shift. Contact the County Board of Elections for further information.
- Are not running as a candidate in this election.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Possible work dates span Saturday, October 29 through Sunday, November 6 (the in-person early voting period) and Tuesday, November 8 (Election Day). Hours and days may vary.
Poll Worker Recruitment